While you are staying at The Villas at Coosawattee, be sure to check out all of the fun-filled attractions in the surrounding areas. Visit Gilmer County's famous orchards or shop downtown Ellijay. There's a little something for everyone.
- Carters Lake is just a few minutes’ drive
away. Carters Lake embraces a spectacular tract of foothills scenery in
the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Georgia. Its sparkling waters and rugged
shoreline provide a beautiful surrounding for a variety of recreational
opportunities which include camping, fishing, picnicking, boating,
mountain biking and hunting.
- Apple Orchard Alley - Map out a leisurely ride
through the mountains that contain 11 of the county’s 19 orchards and some
of the state’s most picturesque scenery.
- Mercier Orchards is one
of the largest apple orchards in the Southeast. Located on Hwy.5 in Blue
Ridge. Bakery and deli also on premises.
- Swan Drive In of Blue
Ridge is one of three remaining drive-in theaters in Georgia. The swan
offers first run movies year round.
- Horse Back Riding with
Adventure Trail Rides secures a reservation for horseback riding in the
North Georgia Mountains.
- Spring Creek Anglers for fly
casting & fly fishing instruction from basic casting to advanced fly
fishing from early October through June.
- White Path Golf Course is
located in Ellijay, Georgia for eighteen holes of golf on a beautiful,
challenging, mountain golf course. The course is open to the public.
- Alpine Village of Helen
is nestled in the scenic North Georgia mountains along the banks of the
Chattahoochee River. Helen is well-known for its shopping, dining and
- Crisson Gold Mine in Dahlonega reopened in 1970 as a hard rock mine. Gold panning is available.
- Fort Mountain State Park in
Chatworth contains the ruins of an ancient mountain top stronghold
built more than 1000 years ago by Native Americans. The park has
facilities for swimming, picnicking, fishing, and hiking.
- Amicalola Falls State Park in Dawsonville has the highest waterfall this side of the Mississippi River. Picnicking and hiking are available.
- Brasstown Bald in
Blairsville stands tall as the highest peak in Georgia. The mountain
offers spectacular views of four surrounding states. Hiking trails and
picnicking are available.
- Burt’s Pumpkin Farm
in Dawsonville offers visitors a chance to experience the enchantment
of harvest time and the holiday season. Open September 1st - December
Wineries and Vineyards
- Engleheim Vineyards focuses on growing outstanding grapes to produce the highest quality of wines.
- Fainting Goat Vineyard and Winery exquisite vineyard offers handcrafted wines grown from
the finest certified French vines. Our wine list boasts a range of full bodied
reds, crisp, fruity whites and sweet blends.
- Cartecay Vineyards is located in Ellijay, GA,situated in the Eastern part of Gilmer County, in the Cartecay region.
- Georgia Winery is a family owned and operated facility producing award-winning fine wines.
- Habersham Winery has been producing award winning Georgia wines since 1983 and is one of Georgia’s oldest and largest wineries.
- Montaluce Winery is located in Dahlonega
Georgia where you will feel the beauty of Tuscany, the experience of Sonoma and
the hospitality of the South.
- Sharp Mountain Vineyards is perfectly
situated for doing what it does best: handcrafting fine wines in the old-world